NOCO Genius GX2440 24-Volt 40 Amp Smart Battery Charger
NOCO Genius GX2440 is an industrial grade, smart battery charger intended for charging various 24V batteries, including lead-acid and lithium batteries.
NOCO Genius GX2440 features strong and durable aluminum housing with IP66 rating, fully automatic operation combined with various safety features, a set of interchangeable connectors, high-efficient electronics, etc.
Published: February 22, 2021.
NOCO Genius GX2440 Features and Specifications
NOCO Genius GX2440 features physical dimensions of 12 x 8.5 x 3.9 inches (~30.5 x 21.5 x 10 cm) and it weighs 13.2 pounds (~6 kg) - it is anything but a small and lightweight battery charger.
NOCO Genius GX2440 is intended for charging of the batteries in the 55 - 425 Ah range and maintaining all battery sizes.
It supports various battery chemistries, including wet/flooded, enhanced flooded, AGM, Gel-Cell, and lithium batteries.
NOCO Genius GX2440 accepts voltages in the 100-240V AC range, 50-60 Hz, with an operating temperature between -20°C and +50°C.
When the unit arrives, the box contains NOCO Genius GX2440 Smart Industrial Charger, AC Cable Plug Type B and DC Cable With HD Eyelets, User Guide, Information Guide, and Warranty.
If required, other accessories/cables may be easily ordered and connected to the charger.
Note: NOCO Genius GX2440 is rather simple and safe to use as a battery charger, but when it arrives, be sure to read the instructions thoroughly.
NOCO Genius GX2440 comes with several safety features like spark-proof technology, reverse polarity protection, overcharge protection, overheating, short-circuit, which are combined with advanced diagnostics.
NOCO Genius GX2440 comes with several charging/operating modes, including:
- 24V NORM charging mode (28.8V, 40A) is intended for charging 24 volts wet/flooded, gel-cell, enhanced flooded, maintenance-free, and calcium batteries.
- 24V Cold/AGM charging mode (29.4V, 40A) is intended for charging lead-acid batteries in cold weather (below 50°F, 10°C) and for charging of AGM batteries.
Note: 24V NORM and 24V Cold/AGM charging modes are 'basic' charging modes, selected by a simple press of the required mode. 'Advanced' charging modes are selected by pressing and holding for 3 (three) seconds of the required mode. 'Advanced' charging modes are:
- AGM+ charging mode (31.2V, 40A) is intended for charging of the advanced AGM batteries, which require slightly higher charging voltage.
- Li-Ion charging mode (29.2V, 40A) is intended for charging 24V Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) batteries.
- Repair mode (32V, 5A) is intended for repairing old and fully discharged, damaged, stratified, and sulfated lead-acid batteries.
- Supply mode (27.2, 20A) converts the battery charger into a DC power supply.
However, when the is connected to the battery, it does NOT start with the charging immediately - it analyzes the battery and adjusts the charging process according to the battery condition.
NOCO Genius GX2440 battery charger displays a particular error pattern if a problem with the battery is detected - each flash pattern tells the user what is wrong, and how to quickly fix it:
- Single Flash: Battery will not hold a charge and should be checked by a professional.
- Double Flash: Possible battery short, and should be verified by a professional.
- Triple Flash: Battery voltage is too high for the selected charge mode. Double check the battery matches the charge mode.
- Error LED Solid Red: Reverse polarity - reverse the connections to the battery.
- Standby LED Solid Orange: Battery voltage is too low for the battery charger to detect the battery.
NOCO Genius GX2440 comes with a 1-year limited warranty.
Long Story Short: NOCO Genius GX2440 can charge various lead-acid (wet/flooded, enhanced flooded, AGM, Gel-Cell, etc.) and Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) batteries in the 55-425 Ah range and maintain the batteries of any size.
Also, it features recovery and supply modes, adding to its versatility.
If You are looking for an efficient, robust, and durable 24V battery charger, consider this unit.
For more reviews and recommendations, feel free to check the NOCO Genius GX2440 24-Volt 40 Amp Smart Battery Charger Amazon link (link opens in the new window).