CR11108, CR1/3N, CR-1/3N, DL1/3N, 2L76, 2LR44 3V Lithium Non-Rechargeable Battery Equivalents and Replacements
CR11108, CR1/3N, CR-1/3N, DL1/3N, 2L76, 2LR44, 2KL1/3N, 5008L, VL1/3N etc. are non-rechargeable 3V lithium batteries, most commonly based on the Lithium Manganese Dioxide chemistry.
Commonly, they are know as CR11108 or CR1/3N batteries and are often used in cameras, calculators, dog collars, gun sights, PDAs, computer motherboards etc.
As its name suggest, CR11108 battery dimensions are 11.6 mm in diameter and 10.8 mm in height.
Also, its common labels include:
- CR1/3N or CR-1/3N, because CR11108 battery is 1/3 in height of the N battery, which is 12 mm in diameter and 32 mm in height.
- 2L76 or 2LR44, because CR11108 battery is double in height of the SR44SW/LR44/L76/357 battery, which is 11.6 in diameter and 5.4 mm in height.
CR11108 or CR1/3N batteries are lithium non-rechargeable 3V batteries, featuring lithium negative electrode, with positive electrode being commonly manganese-dioxide or rarely carbon-monofluoride.
Manganese-dioxide lithium batteries comes with the labels that start with the 'C' letter. Generally, their operating temperature range is between -20°C (-4°F) and 70°C (158°F), nominal voltage is 3.0 V, and a cutoff voltage is 2.0 V.
Typical label is CR11108 or CR1/3N battery, with typical capacity of 160-170 mAh.
Carbon-monofluoride lithium batteries in this size are rare, and their label is BR11108 or BR1/3N. Note: some manufacturers use 'BR11108' or 'BR1/3N' when labeling their manganese-dioxide lithium batteries in order to emphasize that their manganese-dioxide lithium batteries are equivalent to the carbon-monofluoride lithium batteries of the same size - and that is mostly correct.
CR11108 or CR1/3N Similar Batteries
As said before, CR11108 labels 'CR1/3N' and '2L76' come from the fact that CR11108 battery is 1/3 of the N battery height, and that it is double the height of SR44SW/LR44/L76 battery.
- one CR11108 battery can be replaced in certain devices with 2 individual SR44SW/LR44/L76 batteries, preferably using silver-oxide chemistry. Such combination feature nominal voltage of 3.1 volts, cutoff voltage of 2.4 volts and capacity in the 150-200 mAh range.
- two CR11108 batteries can replace one 6 volts battery labeled as 2CR1/3N or 2CR11108 which is often used in digital cameras, game controllers, shavers and similar.
- three CR11108 batteries can replace one 9 volts battery labeled as 'N-Cell' battery. Also, labels like 3CR1/3N or 3CR11108 are often used to emphasize that such battery is 9 volts N-cell battery.
Long Story Short: If you are looking for CR11108 or CR1/3N battery replacement, practically all most popular brands manufacture batteries in this size.
Be sure that the battery is labeled as CR11108, CR1/3N, CR-1/3N, DL1/3N, 2L76, 2LR44, 2KL1/3N, 5008L, VL1/3N or similar, that it has shelf life of 7+ years, and capacity of ~170 mAh.