CR11108, CR1/3N, CR-1/3N, DL1/3N, 2L76, 2LR44 3V Lithium Non-Rechargeable Battery Equivalents and Replacements
CR11108, CR1/3N, CR-1/3N, DL1/3N, 2L76, 2LR44, 2KL1/3N, 5008L, VL1/3N, etc. are non-rechargeable 3V lithium batteries, most commonly based on the Lithium Manganese Dioxide chemistry.
Commonly, they are known as CR11108 or CR1/3N batteries and are often used in cameras, calculators, dog collars, gun sights, PDAs, computer motherboards etc.
Published: April 10, 2019.
As its name suggest, CR11108 battery dimensions are 11.6 mm in diameter and 10.8 mm in height.
Also, its common labels include:
- CR1/3N or CR-1/3N, because CR11108 battery is 1/3 in height of the N battery, which is 12 mm in diameter and 32 mm in height.
- 2L76 or 2LR44, because CR11108 battery is double in height of the SR44SW/LR44/L76/357 battery, which is 11.6 in diameter and 5.4 mm in height.
CR11108 or CR1/3N batteries are lithium non-rechargeable 3V batteries, featuring lithium negative electrode, with positive electrode being commonly manganese-dioxide or rarely carbon-monofluoride.
Manganese-dioxide lithium batteries comes with the labels that start with the 'C' letter. Generally, their operating temperature range is between -20°C (-4°F) and 70°C (158°F), nominal voltage is 3.0 V, and a cutoff voltage is 2.0 V.
Typical label is CR11108 or CR1/3N battery, with typical capacity of 160-170 mAh.
Carbon-monofluoride lithium batteries in this size are rare, and their label is BR11108 or BR1/3N. Note: some manufacturers use 'BR11108' or 'BR1/3N' when labeling their manganese-dioxide lithium batteries in order to emphasize that their manganese-dioxide lithium batteries are equivalent to the carbon-monofluoride lithium batteries of the same size - and that is mostly correct.
CR11108 or CR1/3N Similar Batteries
As said before, CR11108 labels 'CR1/3N' and '2L76' come from the fact that CR11108 battery is 1/3 of the N battery height, and that it is double the height of SR44SW/LR44/L76 battery.
- one CR11108 battery can be replaced in certain devices with 2 individual SR44SW/LR44/L76 batteries, preferably using silver-oxide chemistry. Such combination feature nominal voltage of 3.1 volts, cutoff voltage of 2.4 volts and capacity in the 150-200 mAh range.
- two CR11108 batteries can replace one 6 volts battery labeled as 2CR1/3N or 2CR11108 which is often used in digital cameras, game controllers, shavers and similar.
- three CR11108 batteries can replace one 9 volts battery labeled as 'N-Cell' battery. Also, labels like 3CR1/3N or 3CR11108 are often used to emphasize that such battery is 9 volts N-cell battery.
Long Story Short: If you are looking for CR11108 or CR1/3N battery replacement, practically all most popular brands manufacture batteries in this size.
Be sure that the battery is labeled as CR11108, CR1/3N, CR-1/3N, DL1/3N, 2L76, 2LR44, 2KL1/3N, 5008L, VL1/3N or similar, that it has shelf life of 7+ years, and capacity of ~170 mAh.